Volunteers are the key to our success!
Our Mentorship Program aims to foster an exchange of professional ideas, friendship, and expertise among young professionals and public affairs industry leaders to enhance the growth curve and experience of both parties.This program provides opportunities for young professionals (mentees) to connect with experienced professionals (mentors) for guidance and support, while offering mentors an opportunity to strengthen ties with the young future leaders of the public affairs community.
Virtual PAAC Speed Mentoring
We hope you can join us for the PAAC Ontario Chapter’s first speed mentoring event of the year on March 4, 2021 from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Click here to register!
Group speed mentoring made possible through zoom will introduce mentees to several public affairs leaders through 15-minute breakout chats all from the comfort of your work from home setup.
As a mentor, you will:
- Provide mentees with access to new networks though mentors
- Have an opportunity to provide hiring tips, career stories and work from home hacks
- Networking with fellow mentees
Who are our Mentees?
- Often in school or at the beginning of their public affairs career (0-4 years).
- Have a passion for learning, politics, government,or public affairs.
- Have an opportunity to ask about hiring tips, career stories and work from home hacks
- Looking to connect with likeminded PAAC members and share experiences.
Who are our Mentors?
- Passionate and dedicated public affairs professionals.
- 5+ years of experience in Government,Politics, Public Affairs, Communications or Government Relations.
- Able to lead or co-lead 15-minutebreakout sessions with a small group of mentees
Open to all PAAC members
Fee: $15 (max 20 mentees)
Via Zoom, Link will be sent in your registration confirmation.
Women in Public Affairs (WIPA) Mentorship Program
This is a unique opportunity to work with successful senior professionals working across the public affairs industry.
Space will be limited with mentees matched based on the preferences of the mentee and the experience of the mentor. We encourage mentees to be very specific in their applications about what the areas of expertise and traits they are looking for.
Join us over the next few months for discussions covering a variety of topics, including career path recommendations and moves, virtual interviews, work-life balance, and what the ‘new normal’ is looking like for public affairs.
Time commitment for mentees is approximately 2 hours a month for the duration of the 4-month program. While there is no fee to apply, we will be asking successful candidates consider a donation of $25 to support three local charities: