Since 2001, PAAC has presented an Award of Distinction to a member of the public affairs community who, over their career, has made a significant contribution to public affairs in Canada.
At the close of nominations, an Award of Distinction winner will be selected and honoured at the PAAC Annual Conference.
We invite members of the PAAC to nominate an individual, or individuals, for this award by September 27, 2022 (end of business day).
Please send nominations to Lois Marsh, Managing Director, Public Affairs Association of Canada, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The evaluation and qualifying criteria are outlined below.
- Candidates must be Canadian residents, or represent Canada elsewhere in the world
- While a body of work spanning several years will be considered, candidates must have been actively engaged in public affairs in the year they are nominated
- Skills in managing complex issues and dealing with diverse constituents and stakeholders
- Consistent professionalism during crisis
- Maintained the highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Clear and persuasive communication on issues of relevance to Canadians
- Innovation in the field of public affairs
- Leadership in raising the profile of public affairs practice and skills
At the close of nominations, an Award of Distinction winner will be selected to receive their award.
Past Recipients of the PAAC Award of Distinction:
- Laura Dawson
- Hon. Perrin Beatty PC OC
- David Agnew
- Barbara Fox
- Greg Lyle
- Alison Loat and Michael MacMillan
- Dr. Ann Cavoukian
- Steve Paikin
- Carol Wilding
- John Weir
- Robin Sears
- Tom Axworthy
- Honourable Hugh D. Segal, C.M.
- Allan Gregg
- Dick Pound
- Charles Coffey
- Angus Reid
- Bill Neville
- Elyse Allan