Explore the many benefits of PAAC membership… it’s an invaluable tool for exchanging ideas, knowledge building, leadership opportunities and networking alike in the field of public affairs!
Events & Programs
- Member pricing for monthly seminars, conferences and workshops. Students receive membership discounts which continue one year after graduation to support them as young professionals.
- Events feature a variety of topics of interest for public affairs professionals, including: government affairs, public relations, media relations, issues management, trend analysis, policy development, strategic planning, audience or constituency relations, communications, and marketing
- Guest speakers include: Senior Cabinet Ministers, municipal councillors, leading public opinion researchers, social media experts, and key media from major urban dailies
- Complimentary member-only social events provide exclusive networking opportunities
- Annual Conference ‘Art & Science of Public Affairs’ consistently rated as one of the best in the country!
- Ministerial Series events provide an exclusive opportunity to hear the latest from various ministers from Ontario (Queen’s Park), British Columbia and the Federal government.
- Leading forum for representing concerns of those working in public affairs to different government bodies
- Authoritative voice on rules and regulations governing lobbyist registration and reporting requirements in Ontario, BC and federally across Canada
- Presenting member views to various government committees on proposed changes to lobbying law at the federal, as well as key provincial and municipal levels
- Connect, share ideas, and build your professional network with some of Canada’s top public affairs professionals at exclusive PAAC events
- Membership directory helps you connect easily with other members
- Opportunity to be featured in People in Public Affairs (PIPA) member spotlight publication
- Annual Women in Public Affairs (WIPA) Salon featuring leading women public affairs professionals sharing insights into career development
- Exclusive member-only access to our mentorship program for young professionals
- Opportunity to join any organizing committees (i.e. event planning, membership, marketing, advocacy, or sponsorship)
- Have your content (select blogs, whitepapers, etc.) featured in the monthly newsletter and on PAAC’s social media
- Monthly newsletter keeps you informed of the latest industry news, member updates and upcoming PAAC events
- Looking to hire someone? Advertise on our ‘Careers’ webpage!